ETOWAH-CHEROKEE ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) MINIMUM STANDARDS
Any real estate professional diagnosed with COVID-19, exposed to a positive case of COVID-19 or symptomatic of COVID-19 should not take part in “in person” meetings.
Industry Practices for Real Estate Business
- 6’ minimum space between all parties.
- All parties are encouraged to wear masks.
- Meetings and consultations are conducted by electronic means via video, telephone, email, or digital meeting.
- All activities are in adherence with CDC guidance, and state and local guidelines to minimize contact.
- Writing implements and other tools are not to be shared.
- Open houses are permitted as of June 1, 2020.
- Adherence to proper social distancing and safety guidelines must be met.
- Property listing appointment (onsite at the property to be sold):
- Parties to include only decision makers.
- Set listing price.
- Staging ideas – visuals and ideas to stage/prepare property for pictures and virtual tours.
- Additional consults with and offers for the seller are conducted by electronic means via video, telephone, email, or digital meeting based on homeowner’s technological ability.
- Private showings limited to a single party by appointment only.
- Private showings to include only decision makers.
- Transportation to properties are not to be shared between agents and clients.
- Consult done by electronic means via video, telephone, email, or digital meeting based on buyer’s technological ability.
- Turn on/off all lights.
- Open/close all doors.
- Pre-approved, decision makers only to attend showing.
- Buyer’s agent provides disinfectant.
- Buyer’s Agent is the only person to touch common touch points in a property (doorknobs, keys, keypads, cabinet/drawer pulls, lock boxes, etc.). Touch points are to be cleaned and disinfected per CDC guidance.
All real estate service professionals are encouraged to follow CDC guidance, state, and local provisions to minimize contact.
- Inspections: should still be recommended. Inspectors should follow COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- Appraisers: in some cases, lenders may permit appraisals to be completed via “drive-by” and records. Appraisers should follow COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- Closings: may be done “in person” or remotely via drive-by and electronic means, if available.
State of Alabama
- COVID-19 & related real estate questions hotline: 800-874-6500
- Right Tools, Right Now: www.nar.realtor/right-tools-right-now
- 2 Free months of TeleHealth ($7 per month thereafter), NOT health insurance substitute
- Text “COVID-19” to 30644 for REALTOR® Party Legislative updates
- Showing Guidance During COVID-19
- Legal help: www.alabamarealtors.com/legal/helpdesk
- AAR office is closed, and staff are working remotely.
- Staff are still available via phone and/or email during regular office hours: Monday – Friday 8 AM – 4 PM
- The office is open to the public as of June 1, 2020. Member services will continue to primarily be handled virtually via phone or email with the office.
- Most effective ways to communicate with the Association:
- Facebook: Etowah-Cherokee Association of REALTORS® Official Group
- Email: RealtorsG@comcast.net
- Phone: (256) 543 – 7987